Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) in Maryland is one of the very few school districts in the nation that offers comprehensive services for students who are twice exceptional at the elementary, middle and high school level. Twice exceptional students access accelerated and enriched instruction with appropriate supports and services at their local school, within a magnet/choice program, or within a special education discrete service (e.g. GT/LD, Asperger’s, Bridge).
- GT/LD Network– A non-profit, parent organization dedicated to supporting gifted students who learn differently.
- NAGC Position Paper: Students with Concomitant Gifts and Learning
- NAGC Position Paper: Twice Exceptionality
- Your 2E TV
- Interactive Frequently Asked Questions– An interactive FAQ that will answer your basic questions about twice exceptional students, GT/LD programs and services.
- GT/LD Characteristics– A 10-minute interactive presentation focused on understanding the pattern of strengths and weaknesses of GT/LD students.
- School-Based Special Education Services– A comprehensive list and descriptions of all MCPS school-based special education services including local school and discrete services (e.g. GT/LD, Asperger’s, Bridge, ED).
- Frequently Asked Questions: GT/LD Discrete Services– Additional information about MCPS’ GT/LD programs.
Do you have other resources you think we should share? Contact us!